Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Who The Hell Do I Root For?

Now that Italy beat Germany in one semifinal (quite deservedly), who the hell do I root for in the final? Italy, that's not an option, but put that up against France and Portugal, and there aren't better solutions. I've railed against France in the past, despite the connection to my favorite club Arsenal.

Italy I've always have said are the dirtiest and most boring team to watch, with their diving and their praying motions to the referee to try to avoid a card.

And Portugal, not only do I think they dive as much if not more than the Italians do, they beat my team in the last two major tournaments no Penalties!!!! SO Damn You.

I think that leaves France, they are the only team that has an Arsenal player left in the tourney, Zidane appears to have at least shaven his head closer than usual so his strangely balding head is not as scary to me, even though I'm pretty sure someone is going to get down on their knees and service him after the match if they win the world cup with all the ass kissing he gets from the announcers and writers. And I don't feel they are as dirty as Italy or Portugal...also France beat Brazil, and that isn't easy, So I"m going with them.

I hate to admit it.

Oh yeah, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Juergen Klinsman...Coach the USA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Nolan said...

Allez les Bleus! I put a fiver on them pre-tourney to win the Cup at 10 to 1. Allez Allez Allez!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Duffless said...

I'll service him...just saying.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ricardo De Lima said...

ah. I had to root for Italy as it had a naturalized argentinian and ex-cruz azul playing for them. As I've always said, soccer being the closest sport that resembles the tragedy of being alive delivered once again. The worst thing that can happen to your team will happen to it. Zidane lost his mind on cue. And now half of the italian team will be playing Serie B minus thirty or so points behind everybody. Hysterical.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home